Sunday, February 24, 2008

So Sweet!

I received this poem from an online “admirer”, before I agreed to meet with him. I thought he was a bit pushy and I was not very comfortable with his pressing desire to meet with me in person. We finally did meet last week, in a public place! Very nice man but we are completely different people, we do however want the same things out of a relationship; we’ll see where that will lead. His poem was the nicest thing a man has shared with me in years and I thought it was worth sharing it with you.

ANNIE'S SMILE
I sat and searched online one day
As many others do
When all at once i saw her smile
Which seemed so pure and true
Would she like me if we met?
Would she even dare?
Given that im just some guy
Would she really care?
Should i let her be alone?
And let her live her life
Just admire her from a far?
Which would'nt seem quite right
How could i express myself?
How should i reveal?
The way her eyes and pretty face
Have really made me feel
These are thoughts now in my mind
Thoughts ive shared with you
Until we meet and share some time
My life will seem quite blue.

No comments: