Thursday, November 15, 2007

What's With That?


I have a profile on an Online Dating site and I received a notification yesterday that someone added me as one of his favorites. Always exciting to receive such news! Can’t type fast enough to get to my profile and check out this prospective suitor!
When we build our profile on that site, we get to pick an option for the type of relationship we’re looking for; some pick “Friends”, some “Dating” or Hang out”, I chosed "Long Term Relationship". My new fav picked “Intimate Encounter”. Humm, I thought, at least he know what he wants and he’s not afraid to say it.
But when I took a closer look at his profile, in the section where he gets to pick the criteria a member must fill before contacting him, I see that, amongst other criteria, we must “not have messaged other users looking for Intimate Encounter or Sex”…!!!!!
I DON’T UNDERSTAND!!!! Why is it ok for him to look for an Intimate Encounter but it’s not ok for us do it??? I need an insight into the male psyche!
And to top off his confusing profile, he wants a woman to live within 75 miles from him….but I’m 750 miles from him!! Why add me to his Favorite List? What’s with that??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

men, generally, are stupid.