Saturday, April 12, 2008

Online Dating Dry Spell

The dreaded coffee date never happened, so I worried for nothing! After we decided on the coffee shop location, he went on a business trip and never contacted me again, I guess he lost interest. Oh well…..
Been chatting with a couple of other guys from Plenty of Fish but nothing too earth-shattering. Unfortunately.
There’s this computer programmer I been chatting with online and he really stimulates me intellectually but I don’t think he’s as eager to get my emails as I am to get his. And then there’s this other computer guy form my home province but…again loss of interest. For a strange reason, I seem to often hook up with IT guys: 3 this month alone and a few in my past. Wonder if that’s a trend…..I discovered recently that for a successful relationship, I need to be attracted intellectually (and that happens rarely…), and probably because I’m really keen on computers, the geeks get my attention.
On another note, I got an offer from a middle-eastern man living in Spain, to move here to get to know me. I so don’t think so!! But it’s nice to know that when I get desperate, I have an option!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Annie, nice to read your blog. How do you know whether computer programmer guy is eager or not to get your e-mails?

Annie said...

Thanks for stopping by!
On that particular dating web site, as soon as someone leave you a message, an email is sent to your regular email account so that you know to log on to check the message. When I get that email alert, I can't log on fast enough to read my message!! The computer programmer guy works at home on contract so he spends his day in front of his computer. No doubt he gets the alert but I don't get a reply till the next day.... So I guess he's just not that into me!

Kristi said...

My guess is that there happen to be more IT guys on that site, because they are typically better with a computer than another person. Dating....I probably stay in my long distance relationship because I DO NOT look forward to the dating scene. Well, I kinda am in love with the guy too - maybe that's why I stay with him, lol!