Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Dreaded Coffee Shop Date!

What is it with guys who can only commit to a first meeting at Tim Horton’s?? It’s such an awful place to meet: sitting in front of each other, under fluorescent lighting, sizing up the other, with the crowd around listening in your conversation. For me, that spells easy escape route. So juvenile. I feel that if we somewhat connect online, we should be able to behave for a proper date even if the in-person meeting is not turning up as we would have like. Everybody can be interesting, if oly you're willing to listen. And to top it off, I wrote on my profile that since I’m not a coffee drinker, a meeting at Timmie’s just does do it for me. I guess some guys don’t read the profile in its entirety…. Anyway, so this guy wants to meet at Tim’s and I agreed because I didn’t know of any better coffee shops in that town, it’s a bit far from mine. BUT as he is a Computer Analyst, you know he scores extra points just for being a geek (see previous posting!) So knock on wood!

No comments: